Thursday, May 5, 2011

More user friendly info on starting your edible garden

I went to the New Mexico State Cooperative Extension website and selected three videos that I thought prospective gardeners would find useful. I especially enjoyed watching Joe Gardener build a cold frame using bales of hay and used windows! Hay bales can be purchased at any feed store in New Mexico and used windows can be found on craigslist.

I made the mistake of attempting to "harden off" my seedlings last week only to have half of them dehydrate and die. Fortunately approximately 80 percent of the tomato and green onion seedlings came back. So, I've planted a second crop of radishes and marigolds. I've also planted turnips, beets, butter and red leaf lettuce, and cilantro. To my enjoyment my radishes and lettuce seeds are all ready starting to sprout!

No comments:

Post a Comment